GREETING A PERSON
1. Tell your child that when someone new comes into the house, it is polite greet them by saying “hello” and shaking their hand.
2. Tell your child that you are going to practice greeting each other.
3. Explain to your child that when we greet someone, we should say: “Hello” and shake their hand.
4. Sit on your knees and extend your right hand to your child.
5. Look them straight in the eyes.
6. Say: “Hello (their name),” and shake their hand.
7. Wait for the same response from your child. (Continue prompting if needed)
8. Have your child practice with you until he or she understands the lesson.
Teaching the child grace and courtesy.
To have the child greet friends, visitors, and guests.
Point of Interest
Looking in your eyes as you greet each other.
Age: 2 ½ to 3 ½ years